[Humanist] 24.434 job: Executive Director, Australian Council

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Oct 27 08:08:03 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 06:50:29 +0100
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: Executive Director, Council for the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences

Member Announcement
Executive Director, Council for the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences

Dear Members

As most of you would now be aware, at the beginning of October, the
Executive Director of the Council for the Humanities, Arts and Social
Sciences, Helen O'Neil, decided to move on from the Council.  We are now
in search of a suitably qualified and equally enthusiastic replacement
for Helen and are recruiting for a new Executive Director.  We would be
delighted if you could bring this vacancy at the Council to the
attention of your members.

The Council is seeking an Executive Director with a strong policy
background in any or all of the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
sectors, and an ability to marshal Australia's considerable strengths in
research, education and professional practice.The Executive Director
will represent the Council with policy and opinion makers, implement the
strategic plan, and communicate and advocate Council policies and
positions on behalf of its member organisations.

The Executive Director will also manage the statutory and reporting
requirements of the Council.An attractive salary package will be offered
commensurate with the responsibilities and experience of the successful
applicant.

For further information on the position, including the position
description and selection criteria, please visit our website at
http://www.chass.org.au. Please contact Ms Anna Reidy on (02) 6201 5437
or email programs at chass.org.au for further information about this
employment opportunity.

Kind regards
Janet Millar
Interim Executive Director

Contact for information Ms Janet Millar
Interim Executive Director
Tel: +61 2 6201 2740
  director at chass.org.au

Council for the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
  Room 11B7, Building 11
  University of Canberra    ACT    2617
  Australia
  +61 2 6201 2740