[Humanist] 24.414 Mandelbrot lectures on roughness

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Oct 17 19:23:09 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 16:27:41 -0700
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: Mandelbrot

Many here will, I expect, enjoy watching and listening to an
introductory lecture by Benoit Mandelbrot, "Fractals and the art of
roughness", in the TED series, at
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/benoit_mandelbrot_fractals_the_art_of_roughness.html.

My thanks to Don Reid for pointing me to this lecture.