[Humanist] 24.405 PhD studentship at the Open University

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Oct 14 18:36:08 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:32:15 -0700
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: DH PhD at the OU

> Subject: [DIGITALCLASSICIST] DH PhD at the OU
> Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:57:06 +0100
> From: E.T.E.Barker <e.t.e.barker at OPEN.AC.UK>

One full-time, three year PhD studentship available from 1 January 2011
Interdisciplinary PhD Studentship in Digital Humanities
Open University - Faculty of Arts
Based in Milton Keynes

Digital Humanities at The Open University is a rapidly growing area of
research. The proposed studentship is aimed at exploring the application
of geographical concepts to research in the Arts and Humanities, and the
ways in which they are represented, in the digital medium. We would
welcome applications from candidates with an appropriate research
proposal in any discipline studied in The Open University Faculty of
Arts, ie Art History, Classical Studies, English, History, Music,
Philosophy and Religious Studies.

Projects which will benefit from supervision across traditional
disciplinary boundaries are particularly encouraged. Also encouraged are
proposals with links to one of our existing research groups or
collaborative projects.

For FURTHER PARTICULARS go to:
http://www3.open.ac.uk/employment/job-details.asp?id=5367

Further details of Digital Humanities-related research at The Open
University can be found at
http://www.open.ac.uk/Arts/digital-humanities/index.shtml

For essential detailed information and instructions on how to apply go
to www3.open.ac.uk/employment, call the Faculty of Arts Research Office
on 01908-653177 or email arts-faculty-res-enq.

Equal Opportunity is University Policy.

Closing date: 5 November 2010.  Interviews will be held during week of
22 November 2010.

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an
exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland