[Humanist] 24.392 job at the British Library

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Oct 8 21:36:11 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 14:27:54 +0100
        From: "Knight, Gareth" <gareth.knight at kcl.ac.uk>
        Subject: job advertisement - Head of Digital Scholarship, British Library

Head of Digital Scholarship
Based in St Pancras, London NW1
£67,998 p.a. (more may be available for an exceptional candidate)

An opportunity such as this one rarely occurs. It's a senior leadership position that will develop and implement our digital scholarship strategy for social sciences and the arts and humanities. This is an entirely new function and reflects the urgent need for the Library to further define our contribution to, and role in, the rapidly changing landscape of scholarly communication.  This is by no means a simple task. It's a great opportunity for us to contribute to the future shaping of digital scholarship and to the creation of new forms of knowledge and learning.

Are you up to the challenge? We're seeking leaders who can articulate digital scholarship and understand the challenges ahead, building on your experiences of collaboration, creating novel strategy propositions and implementing user-led technologies that can exploit our world-class collections.

For further information, go in and have a look at the vacancy at
http://gs10.globalsuccessor.com/fe/tpl_britishlibrary01.asp?newms=jj&id=74046

To arrange a discussion about this vacancy, please email your contact details to Graham Shaw at graham.shaw at bl.uk