[Humanist] 24.508 dissertations on French subjects

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Nov 22 07:37:50 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:12:29 +0100
        From: Christof Schöch <c.schoech at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.506 dissertations on French subjects

Dear Willard,

Although not directly a PhD project, maybe an electronic scholarly
edition project I am currently working on is of interest to you. It
sparked off directly from my dissertation project on descriptive
writing in the French eighteenth century novel. While working on it, I
came across an interesting but somewhat forgotten French text on
storytelling, Bérardier de Bataut's Essai sur le récit, first
published in 1776.

I decided to do an edition of this text. The text of the book was
encoded according to the TEI encoding scheme (TEI Lite, P5). Also, a
light-weight, open-source, easy-to-use publishing framework was
developed. I am heading the project, but there are some more people
involved, especially programmers.

The project is ongoing, but most of the text is online at
www.berardier.org. A short technical report on the project is
available here: http://urn.fi/urn:nbn:de:hebis:34-2010111534956 Please
feel free to contact me for more information.

Best regards,

Christof Schöch
(Kassel University, Germany)

----