[Humanist] 24.504 resilience or indifference

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Nov 20 09:05:35 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:36:32 +0100
        From: maurizio lana <m.lana at lett.unipmn.it>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.469 resilience or indifference?

These days i find myself wondering where is gone the debate about digital)
humanities and the cuts, why there aren't replies to the message of willard
of November 1st, where he asked: "I suppose all this is really to ask, what
matters to us most -- and what really matters to those for whose benefit we
are working in the long-term? How under changed circumstances can we best continue?"

much has been said in the meantime, but if i'm not wrong, no tentatives to
answer his question. is this resilience (nevertheless we are doing our
studies, the minimum work set is made by a book, a pencil, and some sheets of paper; but this way we are pushed back some centuries) or indifference in front of something we can't (we don't know how to) contrast?

maurizio

--
La Repubblica promuove lo sviluppo della cultura e la ricerca scientifica e
tecnica.