[Humanist] 24.484 events: authorship, reading, publishing; robotics

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Nov 12 11:03:27 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (57)
        Subject: Reminder CFP: Digital Poster Session (SHARP July 2011)

  [2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (41)
        Subject: International Robotics Workshop

        Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 09:52:38 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>

> Subject: 	Reminder CFP: Digital Poster Session (SHARP July 2011)
> Date: 	Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:40:03 +0000
> From: 	Dr. Katherine D. Harris <katherine.harris at SJSU.EDU>

CALL FOR POSTERS

     *Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing
     International Conference*
     Washington DC
     July 14 - July 17, 2011

     *The Book in Art & Science*

 http://www.sharpweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=360&Itemid=62&phpMyAdmin=1326493665cf5bcaf15cc4e30ad5ea2c&lang=en

     Sponsored by the Smithsonian Institution Libraries, the Library of
     Congress, the Folger Shakespeare Library and Institute, and the
     Corcoran College of Art + Design.

     This year's conference theme, the Book in Art & Science, is an
     appropriate opportunity to highlight SHARP's continuing commitment
     to digital humanities projects, tools or techniques or work in
     progress. This particular session encourages proposals from any
     college or university digital humanities program, center or group to
     present a poster that overviews their program. Posters may include a
     demonstration, traditional printed poster or a combination of both.

     A brief bio and short abstracts (250-300 words) should be submitted
     to Katherine D. Harris (katherine.harris at email.sjsu.edu
     <mailto:katherine.harris at email.sjsu.edu>) by November 15, 2010.
     Please include any technical requirements (e.g., Internet access).
     This panel will undergo the normal review procedure by the SHARP
     conference committee. One participant for each proposal must be a
     member of SHARP prior to the conference.

     Founded in 1991, the Society for the History of Authorship, Reading
     and Publishing is a global network of literary scholars, historians,
     librarians, booksellers, and publishing professionals. With more
     than 1,000 members in over 20 countries, SHARP works in concert with
     a number of affiliated scholarly organizations around the world to
     encourage the study of book history.

     Evoking Washington's status as an artistic and scientific center,
     "The Book in Art & Science" is a theme open to multiple
     interpretations. Besides prompting considerations of the book as a
     force in either art or science or the two fields working in tandem,
     it also encourages examinations of the scientific text; the book as
     a work of art; the art and science of manuscript, print, or digital
     textual production; the role of censorship and politics in the
     creation, production, distribution, or reception of particular
     scientific or artistic texts; the relationship between the verbal
     and the visual in works of art or science; art and science titles
     from the standpoint of publishing history or the histories of
     specific publishers; and much more.

     **************************
     Dr. Katherine D. Harris
     Assistant Professor
     Department of English & Comparative Literature
     San Jose State University
     One Washington Square
     San Jose, CA 95192-0090
     Email: katherine.harris at sjsu.edu <mailto:katherine.harris at sjsu.edu>
     Phone: 408.924.4475

     Editor, Forget Me Not Hypertextual Archive
     http://www.orgs.muohio.edu/anthologies/FMN/