[Humanist] 24.477 new MA/MSc in digital humanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Nov 9 07:31:06 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 06:26:25 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: Introducing the new UCL MA/MSc in Digital Humanities

> Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:09:33 +0000
> From: Rossella Lo Conte <r.loconte at ucl.ac.uk>

Dear Willard McCarty,

Melissa Terras thought that you may interested in our new Masters degree
in Digital Humanities at UCL, which draws together teaching from a wide
range of disciplines, to investigate the application of computational
technologies to the arts, humanities, and cultural heritage sectors"

The Masters degree in Digital Humanities at UCL draws together teaching
from a wide range of disciplines, to investigate the application of
computational technologies to the arts, humanities, and cultural
heritage sectors. Attached are a poster and a brochure highlighting the
features of the degree and the range of disciplines included in the
programme; we would appreciate if you could please post and circulate
these as appropriate.

The strength of our programme is that it will allow students who have a
background in the humanities to acquire necessary skills in digital
technologies, and will also make it possible for those with a technical
background to become informed about scholarly methods in the humanities.
In addition to their studies, the students will undertake a work
placement, which will provide them with knowledge and hands-on
experience in the field of Digital Humanities, and a skill set relevant
to the cultural and heritage industry, publishing, and beyond.

This programme is by definition and purpose multi-disciplinary and aims
to build and enhance on existing UCL resources. The students will have
the opportunity to access not only UCL departments, library services,
museums and collections, but also the numerous museums, galleries,
libraries and archives based in close proximity to UCL in London.

Having drawn your attention to the programme, we would kindly ask you to
share this news with anyone you think may be interested, such as
potential students, librarians, and those interested in digital
technologies. Applications are now open for our new MA/MSc in Digital
Humanities for September 2011 entry. Further information about the
programme can be found at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/dh/courses/mamsc.

Kind regards,
The UCL Centre for Digital Humanities Team

For any further information or if you wish me to send you any poster or
brochure in the post, please do not hesitate to contact me.

--
Rossella Lo Conte
Coordinator

T: 020 3108 4093 [Room G32]