[Humanist] 24.466 new on WWW: Interdisciplinary Science Reviews blog; higher education

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Nov 5 07:20:24 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Phillip Barron <ptbarron at ucdavis.edu>                     (15)
        Subject: digital humanities in Inside Higher Ed

  [2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (13)
        Subject: Interdisciplinary Science Reviews blog

        Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 08:20:20 -0700
        From: Phillip Barron <ptbarron at ucdavis.edu>

Hey folks,

I have a brief reflection on the digital humanities and a recent THAT Camp
appearing in today's Inside Higher Ed, in which I mention this very list:

"Putting the 'Humanities' in 'Digital Humanities'"
http://www.insidehighered.com/views/2010/11/04/barron

It may seem that flashy graphs and other data projects shun qualitative work
-- but isn't 'code' just another language? Phillip Barron asks.

phillip--

Phillip Barron
Digital History Developer
The History Project