[Humanist] 24.174 sightings at DH2010

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 6 08:40:27 CEST 2010

Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

[1]   From:    Neil Fraistat <nfraistat at gmail.com>                       (28)
Subject: centerNet at DH 2010

[2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (53)
Subject: DH at home

Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:39:07 +0100
From: Neil Fraistat <nfraistat at gmail.com>

Dear all,

Those of you attending DH 2010 in London might want to know that there will
be four sessions related to centerNet during the conference, three on
Friday, June 9, and a general members meeting on Saturday, June 10.  At the
meeting on Saturday, Kay Walter and I will discuss the outcomes of the just
concluded centerNet international summit and Harold Short will talk about
opportunities and challenges for digital humanities centers at the present
time; we anticipate lively discussion.

Here is a listing of the sessions:

*Friday, June 9*

9:00:  "CHAIN: Coalition of Humanities and Arts Infrastructures and
Networks," to be held in Safra Theatre

11:00 "Teaching/Managing" (Findings from the  IMLS Interns grant for DH
Centers and ISchools), to be held in S-2.08

2:00 "Understanding the Capacities of Digital Humanities,"  to be held in
Safra Theatre

*Saturday, June 10*

1:00 - 2:00   centerNet General Members, to be held in Safra Theatre

We hope to see many of you soon!
Neil

--
Neil Fraistat