[Humanist] 24.171 new CATMA for text-analysis

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Jul 3 07:39:26 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 00:26:47 +0200
        From: J C Meister <jan-c-meister at uni-hamburg.de>
        Subject: Release of CATMA 3.0

00:10
03.07.2010

Version 3.0 of our TACT-inspired integrated text markup and analysis software CATMA
has now been released and is available for download at

www.slm.uni-hamburg.de/catma

Various installation packages are provided (for Windows PC, MacOSX,
Linux etc.)

New features and improvements in CATMA 3.0 include the following:

    * a QueryBuilder, which lets you build queries with a few clicks
    * an improved distribution analysis GUI, which lets you highlight single graphs and jump from the chart directly to the KWIC instance of a type occurrence
    * distribution for Tag queries is now displayed as a single graph
    * a results pager for the KWIC view to speed up result computation especially when computing a collocation analysis
    * a context sensitive help based on the CATMA user manual
    * fine grained options to the tell the indexer how to create the word list
    * improvements for MAC users
    * a Property query: property ="myProperty" value = "myValue"
    * improved and updated context sensitive help function

For further details see our website. For technical enquiries contact
Marco ( marco.petris at web.de ) or Malte (malte.meister at knysna.info ) of
the CATMA developers team.

PS: We'll be at the DH 2010 and glad to answer any questions - please
feel free to contact us.

*******************************

Jan Christoph Meister
Professor für Neuere deutsche Literatur
(Literaturtheorie, Textanalyse, Computerphilologie)
Universität Hamburg
Fachbereich SLM I - Institut für Germanistik II
Von-Melle-Park 6
D-20146 Hamburg

Mail:     jan-c-meister at uni-hamburg.de
Office:   +49 - 40 - 42838 2972