[Humanist] 24.166 the digital humanities at TAMU

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jul 2 07:58:03 CEST 2010

Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 06:54:35 +0100
From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
Subject: TAMU

Dear colleagues,

In February of this year I had the good fortune to be at Texas A&M, as guest
of the Melbern G. Glasscock Center for Humanities Research. I was greatly
impressed by what I found, by the people, their ideas, projects and
collegiality. Anyone who has been anywhere close to writings on digital
libraries will know of TAMU already. But (unsurprisingly when you consider
it) a visit is required to appreciate what an exciting research environment
for the digital humanities and their relations has been created in College
Station, Texas. This is merely to urge anyone with the appropriate
qualifications to apply to the advertised job of Institute Director.
Invitations to run with one's ideas in the company of bright people with
many of their own are rare.