[Humanist] 23.304 usage rights for images

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Sep 18 07:50:23 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:49:19 -0500
        From: William Allen <wallen at astate.edu>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 23.291 usage rights for images?

I use PhotoShop and the Bridge function allows lengthy annotation; even has
a special block for copyright notice. Were I doing your project that is what
I would use.

In Windows file browser I think that you can see the exif information for an
image (usually name of camera, date, etc.) but I think that you may add
information of your own.

My Mac "Finder" has a place to add a Spotlight comment.

These are ways of putting information with or inside the image file. For a
publishing project a database or spreadsheet might be easier to use. The
challenge would be to have precise location/file name information for each
image.
_____
William Allen
Prof. Art History

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:09 AM, Humanist Discussion Group <