[Humanist] 23.279 on learning

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Sep 9 07:03:45 CEST 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 09:01:23 +0100
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: learning

Here is a typically inspirational passage from an after-dinner speech by
Warren McCulloch -- multi-authored, but his is the voice speaking --
"The Fun of Failures", Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 156.0
(April 1969): 963-8, most of which I find head-breakingly difficult to
follow. But the first bit, an anecdote about Norbert Wiener and
commentary on it, is not.