[Humanist] 23.272 thanks for input: education for sustainable development
Humanist Discussion Group
willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Sep 7 07:44:08 CEST 2009
Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 23, No. 272.
Centre for Computing in the Humanities, King's College London
Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 01:29:03 -0400
From: Luis Gutierrez <luisgutierrez at peoplepc.com>
Subject: Essay on integral human development
I want to say "thank you" for all the responses received to the survey
on education for sustainable development (ESD).
There is a consensus that the exclusion of women from roles of religious
authority is an obstacle to the integral human development of both men
and women. Consider the evidence:
PelicanWeb Journal of Sustainable Development ~ September 2009
In brief, this article includes:
* Section 1, a brief progress report on the ESD surveys.
* Section 2, clarification of sustainable development terminology.
* Section 3, an essay on integral human development.
* Section 4, an overview of sustainable development indicators
* Section 5, an essay on religious traditions and human development.
* Section 6, a review of survey-based evidence.
* Section 7, a review of recent scholarly research.
* Section 8, a review of some real life examples.
* Section 9, suggestions for prayer, study, and action.
I look forward to continue this research and would be grateful to
receive additional feedback.
Luis T. Gutierrez, PhD
Editor, PelicanWeb Journal of Sustainable Development
http://pelicanweb.org ~ pelican at pelicanweb.org
A monthly, free subscription, open access e-journal.
More information about the Humanist