[Humanist] 22.497 feedback on proposal?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Feb 2 07:20:53 CET 2009

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 12:32:16 -0600
        From: "J. Stephen Downie" <jdownie at uiuc.edu>
        Subject: Feedback requested, please: Draft of JCDL 2009 workshop proposal

Hi gang (am cross posting to maximize exposure):

I have been struggling with the crafting of a workshop proposal for JCDL
2009 (Joint Conference on Digital Libraries) on the topic of tightly
integrating analytic tools within digital library systems. I would
appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions on this draft. The
proposal itself is due at JCDL HQ, Feb 16.

Proposal draft:
http://nema.lis.uiuc.edu/draft_downie_jcdl_wkshp_prop.pdf

Comments and suggestions about who might want to get involved, in
whatever capacity, are also most welcomed.

It is my intention, once this thing gets polished, to solicit some
workshop/participant support from NSF for this and possible follow-up
workshops/meetings.

Thanks gang, I really do appreciate your input.

Cheers,
Stephen

    "Research funding makes the world a better place"
J. Stephen Downie, PhD
Associate Professor,
Graduate School of Library and Information Science; and,
Center Affiliate, National Center for Supercomputing Applications
[Vox/Voicemail] (217) 649-3839
NEMA Project Home: http://nema.lis.uiuc.edu