[Humanist] 31.795 annotation of critical apparatus entries

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Apr 28 08:00:48 CEST 2018

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 19:02:42 +0000
        From: Michael Stenskjær Christensen
        Subject: Web UI for the samewords script

Dear colleagues,

A little while ago I announced the small script I have created to automatically annotate potentially ambiguous critical apparatus entries in critical text editions. Samewords I call it.

Some potential users may be kept from trying using it, as it requires you to run it through Python on the computer.

So I have created an online web service.
There is a UI version available here: http://samewords.stenskjaer.net/.
Upload your edition file, wait a couple of seconds and get back the annotated version.

For the more technically minded there is also a RESTful API endpoint that can be used to call the script on any file with a publicly reachable URL. A bit of documentation about how to use that can be found here: https://samewords.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api.html

I hope this will make it easy for anyone to use the script in creation of their critical editions in LaTeX.

Any feedback is of course very welcome.

Enjoy the weekend,
Michael

[R&R] <http://representationandreality.gu.se/>