[Humanist] 31.777 events: sustainable research; memory; JADH2018; open citations

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Apr 17 10:32:25 CEST 2018

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Marilena Daquino <marilena.daquino2 at unibo.it>             (29)
        Subject: Workshop on Open Citations

  [2]   From:    Geoffrey Rockwell <grockwel at ualberta.ca>                  (13)
        Subject: Sustainable Research E-Conference (April 30-May 4)

  [3]   From:    Kiyonori NAGASAKI <nagasaki at dhii.jp>                      (36)
        Subject: CFP for JADH2018

  [4]   From:    Laine Nooney <laine.nooney at gmail.com>                    (140)
        Subject: CFP: STORED IN MEMORY: 10th Annual SIGCIS Conference | Due
                June 30

        Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:38:31 +0000
        From: Marilena Daquino <marilena.daquino2 at unibo.it>

Dear all,

OpenCitations [1], the EXCITE Project [2] and Europe PubMed Central [3] are organising a Workshop on Open Citations at the University of Bologna in Bologna, Italy [4] on September 3-5, 2018 - https://workshop-oc.github.io<https://workshop-oc.github.io/>.

Our idea is to have:

* Day One and Day Two of the Workshop: Formal presentations and discussions on the creation, availability, uses and applications of open bibliographic citations, and of bibliometric studies based upon them. This will involve both invited and contributed presentations.
* Day Three: A Hack Day on Open Citations to see what services can be prototyped using large volumes of open citation data.

We look forward to welcoming all those interested in open citation data, including researchers, computer scientists, scholarly publishers, academic administrators, research funders and policy makers. The workshop will be organised around the following topics:

1. Opening up citations: Initiatives, collaborations, methods and approaches for the creation of open access to bibliographic citations.
2. Policies and funding: Strategies, policies and mandates for promoting open access to citations, and transparency and reproducibility of research and research evaluation.
3. Publishers and learned societies: Approaches to, benefits of, and issues surrounding the deposit, distribution, and services for open bibliographic metadata and citations.
4. Projects: Metrics, visualizations and other projects. The uses and applications of open citations, and bibliometric analyses and metrics based upon them

If you would like to participate in this event, please enter your details and a min-biography at https://bit.ly/2JEd0r9.

If additionally you would like to speak at this event, please select the session your talk would fit in, and provide a title and abstract for your talk. Selected submissions will involve either a talk of 10 minute duration, with a 5 minute discussion following, or a poster presentation.

The deadline for application and submission of these details is the 20th of May 2018. Notifications of acceptance will be sent to you by the 1st of June. In case of oversubscriptions, the organisers will select speakers and attendees from among those have applied.

For those accepted, we request a small registration fee of EUR100 to cover expenses (EUR25 for students), which must be paid by the 15th of July 2018, but which will be waived in cases of financial hardship. Details of how to pay will be sent to those accepted. Registration for the Hack Day is free of charge.

Those attending will be expected to cover the cost of their own travel and accommodation. We will provide a list of recommended hotels and guest houses. We will provide lunches and refreshments on all days, and a free workshop dinner on Monday 3rd September.

Please circulate this invitation to any colleagues that you think might be interested in attending this workshop. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/workshop_oc).

We look forward to your participation.

Best regards,

David Shotton (OpenCitations)
Jo McEntyre (Europe PMC)
Maria Levchenko (Europe PMC)
Marilena Daquino (University of Bologna)
Philipp Mayr (EXCITE project)
Silvio Peroni (OpenCitations)
Steffen Staab (EXCITE project)

[1] OpenCitations - http://opencitations.net http://opencitations.net/