[Humanist] 31.741 events: African-American Digital Humanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Apr 3 06:56:26 CEST 2018

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 10:10:21 -0400
        From: Trevor Munoz <tmunoz at umd.edu>
        Subject: Deadline April 9: African American Digital Humanities (AADHum) conference @ UMD

Dear colleagues —

Please note that the deadline for this CFP is one week away. We look
forward to seeing your submissions …

----
Good Morning,

The African American Digital Humanities (AADHum) initiative at the
University of Maryland is excited to announce that we are now accepting
proposals for our first national conference: Intentionally Digital,
Intentionally Black.

The conference will take place October 18-20, 2018 at the University of
Maryland, College Park and feature keynote speakers Andre Brock (Univ. of
Michigan) and Jessica Marie Johnson (Johns Hopkins Univ.).

Interested participants are invited to submit proposals for individual
papers, panels, digital posters, tools/digital project demonstrations, and
roundtables by April 9, 2018. Proposals should be submitted online at:
https://www.conftool.pro/aadhum2018/.

For more information, please check out our website:
http://aadhum.umd.edu/conference/. Questions can be directed to:
aadhum at umd.edu.

We look forward to reviewing your proposals and seeing you in College Park
this Fall!

Best,
The AADHum Team

---
Trevor Muñoz
Interim Director, Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities (MITH)
Assistant Dean for Digital Humanities Research, University Libraries
University of Maryland
301.405.8927 | @trevormunoz | http://trevormunoz.com