[Humanist] 31.305 Digital Literary Stylistics Special Interest Group (SIG-DLS)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Sep 14 20:51:52 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 19:41:00 +0000
        From: Berenike Herrmann <berenike.herrmann at unibas.ch>
        Subject: WG: the SIG

We are happy to let you know that last month, The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) officially approved the Digital Literary Stylistics Special Interest Group (SIG-DLS).

In the meantime, we've set up a web page that will be a hub for our activities.

The SIG-DLS facilitates inter- and transdisciplinary interaction between different fields of "digital style studies," including computational stylistics, authorship attribution, corpus stylistics, and digital hermeneutics. Our aim is to foster novel empirical findings, methodological and epistemological innovation, as well as advocacy and networking. The SIG is interdisciplinary by nature. See our proposal at the webpage (URL below).

At the present moment, the SIG has 30 members (see list of members at webpage, URL below). Are you interested in joining us? Write to berenike.herrmann at unibas.ch

We also have a mailing list. You are very welcome to subscribe!

Very best,
the SIG-DLS Steering Committee

Berenike Herrmann
Francesca Frontini