[Humanist] 31.277 teaching materials for Women Writers in Review?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Sep 2 09:51:52 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 20:37:21 +0000
        From: "Connell, Sarah" <sa.connell at northeastern.edu>
        Subject: Call for Teaching Collaborators

Dear all,

The Women Writers Project is seeking collaborators for our pedagogical consultant program, developing teaching materials for our newest collection, Women Writers in Review (WWiR). WWiR (http://wwp.neu.edu/review/) is an open-access collection of around 600 reviews, publication notices, and other documents that respond or relate to texts by the authors in Women Writers Online. We’re now inviting expressions of interest for pedagogical development consultants, who would work with us to create assignments that use WWiR, to be published on the WWP’s sites. Collaborators would have our support in creating assignments and activities and would also be named as pedagogical development consultants for the WWP. For more details on this program and to read some assignments from our first cohort of teaching partners, please see:
http://wwp.northeastern.edu/wwo/teaching/pedagogical-dev.html

For a detailed and thoughtful discussion of one WWiR-based assignment sequence, written by Professor Jason Payton of Sam Houston State University, please see:
http://wwp.neu.edu/wwo/teaching/reports/payton_wwir-tagging.html

We are also inviting responses from those who would like to develop—or who already have!—assignments and activities involving Women Writers Online (http://wwp.neu.edu/wwo) for publication on our site. If you don’t have institutional access to WWO and would like to set up a trial (for either yourself or your institution), please contact us. More details on WWO licensing and trials are here: http://wwp.neu.edu/wwo/license/

If you’re interested in getting involved with this program, please email wwp at neu.edu<mailto:wwp at neu.edu> with a brief expression of interest—just a short paragraph on the teaching you’ll be doing in fall 2017 or spring 2018 and some initial thoughts on how you’d like to use the WWiR or WWO collections. The deadline for submissions will be October 15, 2017.

If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

All my best,

Sarah

Sarah Connell
Assistant Director, Women Writers Project
Northeastern University
617-373-3219