[Humanist] 31.394 value of a PhD in the humanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Oct 31 09:12:02 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 21:04:13 +0100
        From: Marinella Testori <testorimarinella at gmail.com>
        Subject: a though-provoking reflection

Dear Willard,

I have just found and wish to bring to your and other readers' attention
the following intervention by Dr. Damon Horowitz to which I am listening:

'Quit Your Technology Job and Get a Humanities Ph.D.'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DBt9mVdgnI

He discusses about how approaching the humanities has developed in him a
new sensitiveness towards technology and its role in human activities.

I hope this may be of interest and inspiration.

Thank you for your attention,
kind regards.

Marinella