[Humanist] 31.390 cataloguing interfaces & linked data? digital humanities degree?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Oct 28 09:23:35 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    McKenna Lucy Mary <mckennl3 at tcd.ie>                       (10)
        Subject: Linked Data Research for Information Professionals

  [2]   From:    Jean Graham <jean.graham at stonybrook.edu>                   (7)
        Subject: Advice for designing a digital humanities minor

        Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 14:39:19 +0100
        From: McKenna Lucy Mary <mckennl3 at tcd.ie>

Hello,

My name is Lucy McKenna and I am a PhD student in Trinity College Dublin. My PhD is focused on the use of Linked Data in the library and cultural heritage domain. I am currently in the process of distributing an online questionnaire, the aim of which is to investigate the types of cataloguing interfaces used in libraries and other cultural heritage institutions, as well as to explore the views of information professionals on the use of Linked Data in these domains.

Suitable participants for this questionnaire are people with:
- experience cataloguing library or cultural heritage metadata;
- or experience working on a Linked Data project in a cultural heritage institution such as a library, archive or museum;
- or research experience in library science, linked data, or the cultural heritage domain.

The goal of my research is to develop a bespoke tool for librarians and related professionals that would allow them to interlink Linked Data datasets, thus any input from suitable participants would be greatly valued. Participants do not have to be in any way familiar with Linked Data in order to complete the questionnaire.

If you would like to participate in this research, please follow this link to access the questionnaire: https://goo.gl/gbGZ1v

Thank you for your help,

Lucy