[Humanist] 31.349 design & dissemination of digital editions?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Oct 10 09:47:00 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 12:36:07 +0200
        From: "Merisa Martinez" <merisa.martinez at hb.se>
        Subject: Survey on Inclusive Design and Dissemination of Digital Editions

Dear Humanist Community members,

The topic of providing access to digital publications continues to be a
crucial focus point for those involved in digital textual scholarship and
scholarly editing. We'd therefore like to reach out to textual scholars,
digital editors, digital librarians, software developers, computer
scientists, web designers -- in short, all those involved in the creation,
publication, and dissemination of digital scholarly editions.

Earlier this year, as part of a Marie Sklodowska-Curie DiXiT ITN(Digital
Scholarly Editions Innovative Training Network) collaboration, we set up a
survey on Inclusive Design and Dissemination in Digital Scholarly Editing,
which you may have seen passing by on some listservs. After a successful
presentation of the preliminary results of the survey (at the Digital
Humanities conference in Montreal this summer [link (
https://dh2017.adho.org/abstracts/373/373.pdf) ]) we continue to expand our
research into this important issue.

If you haven't filled out the survey yet, we'd be very grateful if you could
take the time (about 20 minutes) to share your thoughts and experience with
us. By doing so, you will contribute to the study of improving inclusive
design, and you will help us to examine how issues of accessibility affect
scholarly editors, information professionals, and an audience of readers.
You can start the survey by clicking on this link
(https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MCDRMYY) . We will keep all responses
anonymous and guard your data very securely. (There is a demographic section
but you do NOT have to provide your name). If you have any questions about
how the data we collect will be used, please do not hesitate to contact
Merisa Martinez at merisa.martinez at hb.se. Further, if you have any
suggestions for people or projects that you think would benefit from
providing their feedback to this survey, we would be very grateful if you
could please send those names to us at dixitsurvey1 at gmail.com.

As an incentive for our respondents, we are offering a raffle of 25 digital
Amazon gift cards in denominations of $20/€20 (as the case may be). We
will randomly select 25 recipients to receive these gift cards as a thank
you for completing the survey.*

The survey will be open until November 1. We will send a reminder email on
October 23rd. Thank you for your time and consideration, and for providing
us with your very valuable feedback,

Merisa Martinez (University of Borås)
Elli Bleeker (Huygens Institute)
Wout Dillen (University of Antwerp)
Anna Maria Sichani (Huygens Institute)
and Aodhan Kelly (University of Antwerp)

*NB:The gift cards are reserved for those who complete the survey.