[Humanist] 31.339 different from the sum of its parts

Willard McCarty willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Oct 6 08:47:06 CEST 2017

However, in response to Tim Smithers' response to me: following Claude
Bernard's work, going back to Hippocrates, on the environment within
organisms (milieu intérieur), a question. If we put into parallel a
biological organism such as ourselves and a computing machine, which
rewrites its own code depending on events at a higher level, even
exterior to the machine, where is the difference? I'm not saying there
isn't any, rather asking for clarity.