[Humanist] 31.433 graduate futures? teaching digital history?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Nov 18 09:34:03 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    A E Lang <anouk.lang at ed.ac.uk>                            (40)
        Subject: Graduate Study in the Digital Humanities: Proposals for
                position papers for DH2018 panel

  [2]   From:    Seth Denbo <sdenbo at gmail.com>                             (25)
        Subject: Teaching with #DigHist

        Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 16:24:12 +0000
        From: A E Lang <anouk.lang at ed.ac.uk>
        Subject: Graduate Study in the Digital Humanities: Proposals for position papers for DH2018 panel

Dear all

I’m seeking position papers on the digital futures of graduate study in the
humanities, to be proposed as a panel for the DH 2018 conference in Mexico.
It’s envisaged that panelists will have the option to revise their
contributions for publication after the conference, for a volume entitled *The
Digital Futures of Graduate Study in the Humanities* that Gabriel Hankins,
Simon Appleford and I are in the process of planning. So if you or someone
you know has a perspective on this topic that isn’t given the airtime it
deserves, please get in touch.

All the best

Anouk

 ---

*Graduate Study in the Digital Humanities: Critical Assessments and
Potential Futures*

As an array of graduate certificate programs, MA-level programs, and
doctoral programs in the field has emerged, the Digital Humanities seems to
have passed from its moment of insurgency to a phase of
institutionalization. But how is specific graduate-level work in these
programs imagined, planned, and realized? What are the available models and
options, and what do we know about their outcomes for both students and
faculty? What has failed, and why? How might we reimagine current models of
graduate education in order to address ongoing challenges to the
humanities? How do the answers to these questions change in different
national and transnational contexts?

This panel seeks ten-minute position papers and provocations which open up
these questions to those outside as well as inside the Digital Humanities
community. We invite concrete institutional answers to such questions, and
ones which critically assess both the available and the potential models.
Contributions from those outside the US and UK, people of colour,
postgraduate students, those in roles other than research and teaching, and
early career scholars are especially welcome.

Please send abstracts of 200-300w to Anouk Lang at anouk.lang at ed.ac.uk by
Friday 24 November.

---

Anouk Lang
Lecturer in Digital Humanities, The University of Edinburgh
School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
50 George Square, 2.36, Edinburgh EH8 9LH
anouk.lang at ed.ac.uk | @a_e_lang | http://aelang.net/