[Humanist] 31.432 pubs: Women Writers free in March

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Nov 17 09:09:15 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 11:11:40 -0500
        From: Women Writers Project <wwp at northeastern.edu>
        Subject: Women Writers Online: Free in March 2018

Dear colleagues,

We know that many of you will already be planning your spring teaching and so we’re writing now to confirm that Women Writers Online will be free for the month of March, in celebration of Women’s History Month. This collection includes more than 400 texts written and translated by women, first published between 1526 and 1850 (for the current list of texts in WWO see here: http://www.wwp.northeastern.edu/wwo/texts/titleURLs.html).

If you’d like more ideas about how you could use WWO in the classroom, we have a growing set of resources on teaching with Women Writers Online, including both assignments and syllabi (http://wwp.northeastern.edu/wwo/teaching/ ). We have also been piloting a program in which pedagogical partners collaborate with us to create activities, assignments, and syllabi. You can read more about the program and see some of the materials developed by our partners here: http://wwp.northeastern.edu/wwo/teaching/pedagogical-dev.html. These include assignments that use not only WWO but also Women Writers in Review (http://wwp.northeastern.edu/review/), an open-access collection of around 600 reviews, publication notices, and other documents that respond to texts by the authors in Women Writers Online.

If you’re interested in becoming a pedagogical partner yourself, please email me for more information. If you’d like to work with Women Writers Online prior to March, and you don’t have institutional access, we would be happy to set up a trial (more details on WWO licensing and trials are here: http://wwp.northeastern.edu/wwo/license/ ). And finally, if you have questions about any of the WWP’s publications, or suggestions for texts that we should add to our collections, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you very much!

All my best,

Sarah

Sarah Connell