[Humanist] 31.428 pubs: on a non-human perspective in social science

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Nov 16 07:01:16 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 09:02:49 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: a non-human perspective

Allow me to recommend two books that aim to provide a non-human
perspective on the world with specific emphasis on the social sciences:

Petr Gibas, Karolína Pauknerová, Marco Stella et al., Non-Humans in
Social Science: Animals, Spaces, Things. Cerveny Kostelec, Czech
Republic: Pauvel Mervart, 2011.
http://www.pavelmervart.cz/kniha/non-humans-in-social-science-animals-spaces-things-234/

and

Karolína Pauknerová, Marco Stella, Petr Gibas et al., Non-Humans in
Social Science: Ontologies, Theories and Case Studies. Cerveny Kostelec,
Czech Republic: Pauvel Mervart, 2014.
http://www.pavelmervart.cz/kniha/non-humans-in-social-science-ontologies-theories-and-case-studies-378/

These are of interest to me because they help reorientate arguments
about what it would (will) be like when a conversation with an
artificially intelligent entity becomes possible.

Comments?

Willard McCarty (www.mccarty.org.uk/), Professor emeritus, Department of
Digital Humanities, King's College London; Adjunct Professor, Western
Sydney University and North Carolina State University; Editor,