[Humanist] 31.426 postdoc at the Folger

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Nov 16 06:58:12 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 13:39:57 -0500
        From: Meaghan Brown <meaghan.j.brown at gmail.com>
        Subject: Postdoc Job: Digital Research Fellow at the Folger Library in Washington, DC

Dear Digital Humanists:

The Folger Shakespeare Library is accepting applications for a Digital
Research Fellow post-doctoral position for our $1.5 million Andrew W.
Mellon Foundation grant, *Before *Farm to Table*: Early Modern Foodways and
Cultures. *The salary is $65,000/year for three years, with comprehensive
benefits. Applicants must hold a recent (within 5 years) Ph.D. in early
modern (c. 1450-1750) studies. We’re looking for fellows who have
demonstrated knowledge and experience with technologies and standards used
in digital humanities scholarship such as TEI markup, data visualization,
text and network analysis, and common scripting languages. A successful
candidate will bring their own individual research to bear on collective
decisions about projects in this innovative research initiative.

 Applications are due December 1, 2017.

 For more details, please see
https://www.folger.edu/employment-opportunities

 If you or your friends/students/colleagues have questions about this
position, I’m happy to connect interested parties to those who can answer
their queries off-list.

Best,

Meaghan
--
Dr. Meaghan Brown
Managing Editor of *Papers of the Bibliographical Society of America*