[Humanist] 31.422 pub: global debates

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Nov 14 07:12:11 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:18:37 +0100
        From: Domenico Fiormonte <domenico.fiormonte at gmail.com>
        Subject: Global DH Debates: Abstract Deadline Extended to Nov. 28

Dear Humanists,

we are pleased to announce a three-week extension for submitting abstracts
for the Global Debates in the Digital Humanities volume (http://dhdebates.gc.cuny.edu/cfps/cfp_2017_global_digital_humanities.html).
The new deadline is Nov 28th 2017.

Arabic, Chinese and Russian versions of the CFP will be soon available
online. We remind you that the aim of the volume is to foster reflection on
Digital Humanities outside the Anglophone and Western contexts. We're
impressed by the number and quality of the proposals received so far, but
we'd like to receive more, especially from less visible groups, countries
and projects based in Middle-East, Asia, Africa and Latin America. We think
that even more than mapping Western-funded projects on those cultures, it
would be important to hear the voices of (and from) the local territories.

Please help us to disseminate the news among your networks in various
geographic regions!

Thanks

Domenico, Sukanta and Paola
Global DH Debates editors