[Humanist] 31.407 asst. professorship at Bates

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Nov 3 09:19:47 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 16:40:49 -0400
        From: Matthew Jadud <mjadud at BATES.EDU>
        Subject: Faculty Position in Digital and Computational Studies at Bates College

Dear colleagues,

If you're looking to join a program where your creativity and vision will
shape the future of academic computing at a small liberal arts institution,
please read on. As a plus, Maine is beautiful.

>From the position description:
---
Digital and Computational Studies at Bates College invites applications for
a tenure-track assistant professor in this newly established
interdisciplinary program. As the second of three faculty to be hired in
this program, you will play a critical role defining how the study of
computing at Bates can engage the full breadth of the liberal arts. Our
task is to grow a program that embraces and supports all students,
regardless of background and prior experience, in the process of learning
and questioning the practices, values, cultures, and assumptions of the
digital world. This program deeply believes in our institutional commitment
to the transformative power of difference, and we welcome applications from
all individuals who can contribute to our collective goals of equity and
inclusion through their teaching, scholarship, and mentorship (
https://bates.edu/dcs/values/).
---

The full position description is online (https://apply.interfolio.com/46748),
and we begin review of applications January 8th. I am the founding chair
for this new program, and am happy to answer questions about the
institution, the program, or (most) anything else.

Yours,
Matt