[Humanist] 30.856 what do we expect of an edition?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Mar 31 07:40:40 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:01:16 +0200
        From: Greta Franzini <uczcghf at ucl.ac.uk>
        Subject: Expectations of Digital (Textual) Editions: A Short Questionnaire

Expectations of Digital (Textual) Editions: A Short Questionnaire (20
questions, 15 minutes max).

Do you use and/or build digital (textual) editions? If so, please
consider filling-in this short questionnaire, which aims at collecting
information about what users expect or want from a digital edition.

QUESTIONNAIRE URL: https://opinio.ucl.ac.uk/s?s=48797

The questions build upon the feature list provided by the /Catalogue of
Digital Editions/ [https://github.com/gfranzini/digEds_cat and
https://dig-ed-cat.eos.arz.oeaw.ac.at/], and the answers obtained from
this questionnaire will be examined against the editions currently
contained in the /Catalogue/. The information you provide will help us
compare the user needs of the community with the digital editions that
have been built by the community.

The questionnaire contains 20 questions and is completely anonymous. We
don’t ask for demographic information such as age, gender, ethnicity or
religion.

The compiled results of the survey will be made available online via the
/Catalogue of Digital Editions/ websites and the questionnaire's
institutional address (University College London). They will also be
discussed in Greta Franzini's PhD thesis.

The questionnaire should take no more than 15 minutes to complete and
closes on 30th April 2017. Please share it with colleagues and friends
who might be able to contribute!

For further information about this questionnaire or about how the data
will be used, please contact Greta Franzini at g.franzini.11(AT)ucl.ac.uk

Thank you very much for taking time to fill-in this questionnaire. We
truly value the information you provide.

Greta Franzini, Prof. Melissa Terras, Simon Mahony

--
Greta Franzini MPhil CELTA
PhD Student

UCL Centre for Digital Humanities