[Humanist] 30.855 events: digital library cfps

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Mar 30 08:40:54 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 18:47:53 +0000
        From: Bethany Nowviskie <bnowviskie at clir.org>
        Subject: CFPs: DLF Forum, #dlfLAC, and #digipres17

The Digital Library Federation is excited to share 3 calls for proposals for conferences relating to digital libraries and digital stewardship: the 2017 DLF Forum, DLF Liberal Arts Colleges Pre-Conference, and Digital Preservation 2017, all to be held in Pittsburgh, PA this October:

DLF FORUM
The 2017 DLF Forum’s Call for Proposals is open and the deadline to submit is May 22nd. Details and guidelines can be found on our website: https://www.diglib.org/forums/2017forum/call-for-proposals/

DLF LIBERAL ARTS PRE-CONFERENCE
This year our DLF Pre-Conference will take the form of a one-day unconference on digital library pedagogy, with a focus intersections between liberal arts colleges and historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs). You can read more about the day, volunteer to join the planning committee (by April 7th), and propose lightning talks (by June 26th): https://www.diglib.org/forums/2017forum/dlflac/

DIGITAL PRESERVATION 2017
DLF's affiliate organization, the National Digital Stewardship Alliance (NDSA) invites proposals for Digital Preservation 2017: Preservation is Political! This meeting will be held just after the DLF Forum, and the deadline to submit is May 9. Details and guidelines can be found on the NDSA website: http://ndsa.org/meetings/

* * *
Want to stay updated on all things #DLFforum? Subscribe to our Forum newsletter: http://eepurl.com/baReNX — “like” us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Digital-Library-Federation/120568318151192 —  or follow us at @CLIRDLF on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/clirdlf

And please know that, in light of recent political events, DLF will pay close attention this year to any executive order or piece of legislation that may impact travel and safety for our conference participants, with whom we stand in solidarity and pledge to assist. Please contact me directly with any questions, concerns, or needs: bethany at clir.org

Dr. Bethany Nowviskie
Director of the Digital Library Federation (DLF) at CLIR
Research Associate Professor of Digital Humanities, UVa
diglib.org | clir.org | ndsa.org | nowviskie.org