[Humanist] 30.833 Voyant Tools 2.2
Humanist Discussion Group
willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Mar 20 07:20:26 CET 2017
Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 30, No. 833.
Department of Digital Humanities, King's College London
Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 16:45:27 -0400
From: Stéfan_Sinclair <sgsinclair at gmail.com>
Subject: Voyant Tools 2.2
A quick note to announce that we've released Voyant Tools 2.2, it's now available at the usual address (https://voyant-tools.org). There have been hundreds of bug fixes and enhancements, here are a few highlights since the last announcement sent to Humanist (Voyant 2.0 last April 2016):
* localization of the interface in several languages including Arabic, Bosnian, Croatian, Czech, English, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, and Serbian, see https://voyant-tools.org/docs/#!/guide/languages-section-interface-languages <https://voyant-tools.org/docs/#!/guide/languages-section-interface-languages>
* improved text handling of Tibetan
* several new and re-implemented tools including:
* Bubbles a reimplemented adaptation of from Martin Ignacio Bereciartua's tool https://voyant-tools.org/docs/#!/guide/bubbles
* TextualArc, a new tool inspired by the classic TextArc: https://voyant-tools.org/docs/#!/guide/textualarc
* Veliza, a fun new chatbot tool: https://voyant-tools.org/docs/#!/guide/veliza
* improved Correspondence Analysis, see for instance with Humanist https://voyant-tools.org/?corpus=humanist&view=scatterplot
Voyant Tools is available from the hosted version (voyant-tools.org) or as a stand-alone application that you can run locally (it can be as easy as unzipping the download and launching the application): https://github.com/sgsinclair/VoyantServer#installation. For use in teaching we strongly encourage the use of the standalone version (in case the hosted version fails). Please note that Java 8 is required.
As always, we're grateful for any contributions including:
* bug reports and feature requests https://github.com/sgsinclair/Voyant/issues
* offers to localize the interface in other languages
* offers to host an official mirror of Voyant https://voyant-tools.org/docs/#!/guide/mirrors
Voyant Tools is part of the Hermeneuti.ca http://hermeneuti.ca/ project with the accompany book: Hermeneutica: Computer-Assisted Interpretation in the Humanities (MIT 2016).
Announcements like this tend to create even more traffic on the (somewhat overstressed) server, which sometimes means temporary downtime (usually restored within about a minute). If at first a page doesn't load, please be patient and try again a few moments later!
Stéfan (and Geoffrey Rockwell)
Prof. Stéfan Sinclair, Digital Humanities, McGill University
Department of Languages, Literatures & Cultures
Office 341, 688 Sherbrooke St. W, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 3R1
Tel. (1) 514-398-4400 x094950
More information about the Humanist