[Humanist] 30.819 events: archives cfp

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Mar 11 08:59:07 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 12:35:41 +0000
        From: Michael Goodman <GoodmanMJ at cardiff.ac.uk>
        Subject: CFP: The Archive Unbound

The Archive Unbound

a one-day symposium
Cardiff University
Friday, 5 May 2017

Keynote Speaker: TBC

We invite proposals of up to 300 words for 20-minute papers that explore any aspect of the curation, build, (re)mediation and creative re-use of archives, including demonstrations of current projects. The deadline for submission of abstracts is 20th April 2017. Please send proposals or enquiries to Michael Goodman (GoodmanMJ at cardiff.ac.uk). Attendance at the Symposium is free and limited to no more than 30 delegates. While non-speaking delegates are welcome, priority will be given to speakers.

Formed in December 2015, and funded by Cardiff University’s College of Arts, Humanities and Social Science, the Cardiff Digital Cultures Network is an interdisciplinary grouping that aims to bring together researchers, creative practitioners and library/museum professionals involved with digital work to share expertise and best practice. As part of our programme of activities, we are hosting four Symposia on various aspects of digital culture, focusing on: Word, Image, Digital (November 2016); The Archive Unbound (May 2017); Creative Economy (April 2017); and Big Data (May 2017). More information about the Network and its events can be found on our website (cardiffdigitalnetwork.org) and by following us on Twitter (@CUdigitalnet).

Symposium organisers: Hanna Diamond, Jenny Kidd and Anthony Mandal.

Dr Michael John Goodman
RA on Cardiff University's Digital Cultures Network
School of English, Communication and Philosophy
Cardiff University
John Percival Building
Colum Drive
Cardiff