[Humanist] 30.815 events: spatial humanities; digital society; becoming postdisciplinary

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Mar 8 07:28:47 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Gabriele Civiliene <gabrielemucho at gmail.com>              (86)
        Subject: CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS; 3rd International Conference on
                Postdisciplinary Approaches 2018

  [2]   From:    Martin Schmitt <schmitt at zzf-potsdam.de>                   (20)
        Subject: Conference announcement: "Paths into Digital Society" and
                "Home Computer Subcultures and Society Before the Internet
                Age"

  [3]   From:    Karl Grossner <karl.geog at gmail.com>                       (94)
        Subject: Workshop CFP: Spatial Humanities Meets Spatial Information
                Theory

        Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 08:13:13 +0000
        From: Gabriele Civiliene <gabrielemucho at gmail.com>
        Subject: CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS; 3rd International Conference on Postdisciplinary Approaches 2018

The 3rd International Conference on Postdisciplinary Approaches 2018:
Knowledge as Disobedience, Expression and Creativity

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

     “None but ourselves can free our minds”
         Bob Marley

The aim of the 3rd International Conference on Postdisciplinary Approaches
is to extend the boundaries of what constitutes ‘legitimate’ knowledge. The
conference is open to academics from all walks of life, regardless of
disciplinary background or affiliation. We welcome presentations dealing
with postdisciplinarity approaches to knowledge as disobedience,
expression and creativity.

Researchers are invited to present their knowledge production and passion
in the form of research papers, movies or audio-visual material,
exhibitions, performances, music, literary writings, such as poetry or
short stories and other creative contributions. A combination of these
forms of expression is much welcomed. We recognise that there are a number
of different ways in which research can be communicated, and we are
committed to accommodating the needs of individual and group expressions.

Important dates and information

Abstract submission opens 30 April, 2017 and closes 15 October, 2017

Registration opens 1 May, 2017 with the following options:

·        The “I am keen & I am IN!” registration opens 1 May and closes

Price: NZD$ 850.00 [Student: NZD$700.00]

·        The “I am definitely COMING” registration opens 1 August and
closes 30 November, 2017

Price: NZD$ 950.00 [Student: NZD$ 800.00]

·        The “I will be LATE” registration opens 1 December, 2017 and
will remain open until 2 February, 2018

Price: NZD$ 1,050.00 [Student: NZD$ 900.00].

Please note that this conference will be limited to 120 participants. The
review process will take approximately 4 weeks – the sooner we receive
your proposal, the sooner we can get back to you regarding the acceptance
of your presentation so that you can make most of the discounted
registrations.

Submissions of presentations

Submissions and registrations will be processed via our website
www.postdisciplinary.net

The submission system will be up and running by 30 April, 2017.

 Instructions for presentations

All presentations should address/reflect postdisciplinarity and the theme
of knowledge as disobedience, expression and creativity. Send us a
brief explanation of how your ideas link to the themes of this conference
and an example of what & how you would like to present. This will enable
the members of the Scientific Committee to assess the relevance and quality
of your work, and plan the logistics for the event.

·         For research papers: submit an abstract between 200-300 words
including references.

·         For audio-visual presentations or similar: submit a summary
between 150-200 words describing the aims and/or the conceptual basis of
your work. An example/trailer of any audio-visual material may be useful
(e.g. 3-5 min visual summary).

·         For exhibitions and performances: submit a summary between
150-200 words describing the aims and/or the conceptual basis of your work.
A visual example (e.g., a photo/drawing) may be required.

·         For music, literary writings such as poetry or short stories:
submit a brief text (150-200 words) explaining the connection of your work
to the themes of the conference. A sample of your work may be required.

More information regarding submissions will be available online in April.

There will be a prize for the most creative and disobedient presentation!

Publication opportunities

Aside from the Conference Proceedings, we will work towards producing a
special issue based on selected presentations at the Postdisciplinarity
Conference 2018. The details of specific publications will be announced at
a later stage. Please check our website for regular updates.

We are working hard on making this a fun, inclusive and empowering event.
Forget PowerPoints and endless streams of talks… You will be immersed in
flows of inspiration, sparked by vibrant conversations and stimulating
ideas. Liberate your mind!

We are looking forward to welcoming you in 2018!

Nga mihi

The Auckland postdisciplinary team

(Tomas Pernecky, Heike Schänzel, Shelagh Mooney, Keri-Anne Wikitera, Nancy
McIntyre, AUT, New Zealand) ​

Dr Shelagh Mooney

Senior Lecturer
Hospitality
Auckland University of Technology

P 09 921 9999 ext 5835    E shelagh.mooney at aut.ac.nz

Recent publications:

Mooney, S., Ryan, I., & Harris, C. (2017). The intersections of gender with
age and ethnicity in hotel careers: still the same old privileges? Gender,
Work & Organization. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/gwao.12169/
full

 Attachments:
    http://www.digitalhumanities.org/humanist/Attachments/1488876721_2017-03-07_gabrielemucho@gmail.com_13782.2.pdf