[Humanist] 30.795 hands on

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Mar 1 07:21:48 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Amir Simantov <wawina at gmail.com>                          (32)
        Subject: Re:  30.787 hands on

  [2]   From:    lachance at chass.utoronto.ca                                (27)
        Subject: On Hands at Play

        Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 06:34:38 -0500
        From: Amir Simantov <wawina at gmail.com>

A side note: Be careful from "artists" and "beauty" seekers if you have a
stand alone **project** to build; they will need three times development
hours ( == time and money). I know, I used to be one of them many years
ago. Now, before you get me wrong - good design patterns are very important
and good and cost effective when you deal with a **product** that will
always develop and change; this is because the pattern, once built,
decreases the time you need to maintain, fix and test both that the new
code works and that it did not break something else (OCP - open-closed
principle).

Amir
Once a C, C++, C#, Java, Dot-Net developer, now just building Drupal :)

On 28 February 2017 at 01:12, Humanist Discussion Group <