[Humanist] 31.145 pubs: mathematics for the humanist

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jun 29 07:06:00 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 18:45:04 +0000
        From: Ray Siemens <siemens at uvic.ca>
        Subject: New Book for DIgital Humanists!

*** Attachments:
    http://www.digitalhumanities.org/humanist/Attachments/1498679821_2017-06-28_siemens@uvic.ca_30191.1.2.txt

From: Patrick Juola <juola at mathcs.duq.edu<mailto:juola at mathcs.duq.edu>>

Patrick Juola and Stephen Ramsay would like to announce the publication of their new book, _Six Septembers_, though Zea Books, The University of Nebraska-Lincoln's digital imprint.   More than ten years in development, this book provides a broad conceptual introduction to the fundamentals of the mathematics that digital humanists are likely to encounter and to support high-level understanding of a variety of key mathematical ideas.

This book is freely available under a Creative Commons CC-BY license, and can be downloaded from http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/zeabook/55/<https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdigitalcommons.unl.edu%2Fzeabook%2F55%2F&data=01%7C01%7CWillard.McCarty%40kcl.ac.uk%7Cd3ccdf495f9e41e5d41e08d4be56f5c4%7C8370cf1416f34c16b83c724071654356%7C0&sdata=nwmeXVHbTuoVR3iiz1U%2BmEI7RfTqPDy0cYqhl%2BtbMvk%3D&reserved=0>.   Low-cost paper copies are available upon request from UNL's print-on-demand partner.

On behalf of myself and my co-author, Steve, we are delighted to make this available to the DH community, and we hope it will be a valuable resource to all!

Patrick (Juola)

P.S.  I hope to see many of you at DH 2017 in Montréal.  Ask us nicely and we'll autograph your book.  pj