[Humanist] 31.140 research MA (Paris)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Jun 28 08:29:49 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:08:45 +0200
        From: Thibault Clerice <leponteineptique at GMAIL.COM>
        Subject: New MA in Digital and Computational Humanities at Paris Sciences et Lettres Research University (PSL)

/With apologies for cross-posting/

Dear colleagues,

We are glad to announce the opening of a new MA in Digital and
Computational Humanities at Paris Sciences & Lettres Research
University. It associates the École des chartes, École pratique des
hautes études, École normale supérieure and École des hautes études en
sciences sociales.

This degree is research-oriented. It is for students from the Humanities
or Social Sciences wanting to develop their skills in computational
methods (programming, quantitative methods, modeling, artificial
intelligence) and in their respective fields. It is open to a variety of
subjects, ranging from History or Anthropology, to Philology,
Linguistics or Literature, in ancient and modern languages (not only
european).

Medieval scholarship is well represented in these four institutions, and
we would be very glad to receive applications from students wanting to
work in any area of Medieval Studies. The deadline for next year is
close (3 july 2017), but, if someone wishing to apply is affraid of
lacking time to make the deadline, he or she can write to me in advance.

Please find attached the English and French version of the prospectus.

More information can be found at:
- http://www.enc-sorbonne.fr/en/cursus/ma-digital-humanities (English);
- http://www.enc-sorbonne.fr/fr/cursus/master-humanitesnumeriques (French).

You can contact Jean Baptiste Camps (