[Humanist] 31.107 postdoc (Newcastle)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jun 16 07:28:01 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:40:58 +0100
        From: James Cummings <James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk>
        Subject: Job: Post-doctoral Research Associate: Animating Text Newcastle University project

Come work with me at Newcastle University on a scholarly digital
editing project! Please forward to anyone you think may be
interested.

James Cummings (Moving to Newcastle University)

====

Post-doctoral Research Associate: Animating Text Newcastle
University project

Location:    Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary:    £29,301 to £31,076 per annum (with potential
progression to £38,183).
Hours:    Full Time
Contract Type:    Fixed-Term/Contract
Closing Date:    7th July 2017

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BBZ136/b74655r-research-associate-animating-text/

The School of English Literature, Language and Linguistics is
seeking to appoint a post-doctoral Research Associate (full-time)
to work on a University-funded Project: 'Animating Text at
Newcastle University' for 3 years. You will work with Professor
Jennifer Richards and Dr James Cummings in the School of English
Literature, Language and Linguistics and with Professor Paul
Watson at the Digital Institute.

Successful candidates will have knowledge and experience of
working with digital technologies, and a track record of
initiating and conducting cross-disciplinary research. The
post-holder will be required to research, prototype and evaluate
data models and process models for scholarly editing; to
communicate this research to the AtNU team and to contribute to
the development of a series of pilot projects; to contribute to
the development of research grant applications to RCUK and other
funders; and to contribute to the supervision of postgraduate
students.

Applicants will have a PhD (awarded or submitted) in using or
developing Digital Technology for the Humanities, or a related
PhD with equivalent experience.

Fixed term for 36 months.

Interviews will be held on Monday 24 July 2017.

For informal enquiries relating to this post contact Professor
Jennifer Richards (Jennifer.Richards at ncl.ac.uk).

Information about AtNU is available on request.

The University holds a silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of
our good employment practices for the advancement of gender
equality, and the University holds the HR Excellence in Research
award for our work to support the career development of our
researchers.  We are also a member of the Euraxess network.

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BBZ136/b74655r-research-associate-animating-text/

Dr James Cummings,James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk