[Humanist] 31.75 author?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jun 1 07:08:01 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 05:56:21 +0100
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: author?

Once again I am looking for the person who wrote, "Within the limits of
my craft I have perfect freedom." I am fairly certain it was one of
those in the Arts and Crafts movement, probably British rather than,
say, translated from something Rudolf Koch said. I don't think it's
Ruskin, though his chapter on "The Lamp of Obedience" in the Seven Lamps
of Architecture gets close.

All help much appreciated.

University and North Carolina State University; Editor,