[Humanist] 31.73 events: linked data; computational linguistics; heritage

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jun 1 07:05:16 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Omri Abend <omriabnd at gmail.com>                           (22)
        Subject: ISCOL 2017: Call for Papers

  [2]   From:    Dominic Oldman <doint at oldman.me.uk>                       (22)
        Subject: Building cultural heritage knowledge symposium 28th/29th
                July

  [3]   From:    Valeria Vitale <Valeria.Vitale at SAS.AC.UK>                 (14)
        Subject: Seminar: Linked Data and Ancient World Research: studying
                past projects from a user perspective

        Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 04:08:34 +0000
        From: Omri Abend <omriabnd at gmail.com>

We are happy to announce ISCOL 2017, the Annual Meeting of the Israeli Seminar on Computational Linguistics. ISCOL 2017 will be held on Monday, September 25 in the Computer Science Department of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, at the Edmond Safra Campus in Givat Ram.

Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing are active research and development fields in Israel today, both in academia and industry. ISCOL is a venue for exchanging ideas, reporting on work in progress and established results, forming cooperation, and advancing the collaboration between academia and industry. ISCOL is also a friendly stage for students for their first appearance in this community.

We invite presentations on recent work in all areas of computational linguistics, natural language processing and closely related fields. We accept work underway, provided that it represents recent and original work of interest to our audience.

Please submit your extended abstracts (up to 2 pages, including references) through EasyChair here:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iscol2017<https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Feasychair.org%2Fconferences%2F%3Fconf%3Discol2017&data=01%7C01%7Cwillard.mccarty%40kcl.ac.uk%7Cd741ea262a754d8695d308d4a7e66447%7C8370cf1416f34c16b83c724071654356%7C0&sdata=c13lFChh7X%2BmMcgHowgn8lpEiJa9DKbq4%2F1QGKt1xHE%3D&reserved=0>

The submission deadline is August 17. Notifications of paper acceptance and format of presentation (oral/poster) will be sent by August 25.

More information can be found here:
http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~danielh/iscol2017<https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.cs.huji.ac.il%2F~danielh%2Fiscol2017&data=01%7C01%7Cwillard.mccarty%40kcl.ac.uk%7Cd741ea262a754d8695d308d4a7e66447%7C8370cf1416f34c16b83c724071654356%7C0&sdata=KCsnvZjD2HDSoKvjCAMjmEmdcQ9iJmcnicqzE5ouXnQ%3D&reserved=0>

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Jerusalem!

Important dates:

Submission deadline: August 17
Notification: August 25
ISCOL: September 25