[Humanist] 31.209 topically indexed collections of texts?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jul 27 07:26:38 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 21:33:25 +0000 (UTC)
        From: Melanie Allen <melanie_r_allen at yahoo.com>
        Subject: Request for recommendations - Topically indexed humanities collections

I write on behalf of my colleagues at the Comparative Constitutions Project (CCP - http://comparativeconstitutionsproject.org/) to ask for help in identifying indexed collections of texts in the humanities. In 2013, the CCP built a website called Constitute  (www.constituteproject.org) to facilitate the comparative study of national constitutions. The site provides the text of all of the world’s national constitutions, tagged by topic, to allow users to systematically search and compare constitutional content in a clean, user-friendly format. We now imagine that the software could be shared and adapted to make other annotated texts readily accessible for analysis and comparison.

A version of Constitute could be adapted for works of literature, songs, religious texts, or any number of other documents. The real work is, of course, the indexing of these texts. We would be deeply grateful for recommendations of collections of texts that are topically indexed, so we might reach out to the researchers to discuss potential collaborations.

Should you have any recommendations of indexed collections or of persons whom we should contact, please kindly contact me at melanie at comparativeconstitutionsproject.org.

Kindest regards,

Melanie Allen

Comparative Constitutions Project