[Humanist] 31.196 research data specialist (Dublin)
Humanist Discussion Group
willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Jul 22 09:17:35 CEST 2017
Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 31, No. 196.
Department of Digital Humanities, King's College London
Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 12:22:39 +0000
From: Natalie Harrower <N.Harrower at ria.ie>
Subject: Job: Research Data Specialist, Digital Repository of Ireland. CLOSES Monday 24 July at 17:00.
A reminder (and prompt to apply!) that applications for the Research Data Specialist position at the Digital Repository of Ireland are due by COB this Monday 24th July.
* * *
Research Data Specialist
Digital Repository of Ireland
The Digital Repository of Ireland is hiring a Research Data Specialist to lead the planning, development and delivery of research data management capacity at the Digital Repository of Ireland, the national trusted digital repository for Ireland’s social and cultural data. This post is based at the DRI offices at the Royal Irish Academy in Dublin. This is a fixed term contract for 12 months, starting no later than 1st October 2017.
- Leading and managing a project to specify the requirements for building research data preservation capacity in the DRI, including related workflows and policies.
- Incorporating international best practices in research data management, and working closely with DRI staff across areas of expertise.
- Collaborating on reports, articles, fact sheets and guidelines, and academic presentations.
- Contributing more broadly to the ongoing development of the Digital Repository of Ireland via involvement in relevant taskforces and working groups.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with organisations who may seek to deposit research data with DRI.
- Actively contributing to grant and funding proposals for DRI leveraged projects.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Post graduate qualification in Library, Archival or Information Studies
- Proven knowledge of metadata standards, workflows, and best practices in digital archiving
- Expertise in one or more aspects of digital preservation, data curation, digital archiving, research data management
- Experience in managing a project from the initial scoping phase through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently, while also working flexibly as a member of a cross-disciplinary team
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills, with the ability and confidence to engage with project partners and stakeholders clearly and professionally
- Evidence of strong organisational and self-motivational skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment and to deadlines
For the full job specification, please visit: https://www.ria.ie/news/vacancies/vacancy-research-data-specialist-digital-repository-ireland
For more information on the DRI, see: http://www.dri.ie/
Dr. Natalie Harrower | Director, Digital Repository of Ireland
Royal Irish Academy | 19 Dawson St. Dublin 2
n.harrower at ria.ie<mailto:n.harrower at ria.ie> | @natalieharrower | @dri_ireland | www.dri.ie<http://www.dri.ie>
More information about the Humanist