[Humanist] 31.190 events: computational linguistics

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jul 20 07:13:01 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 14:47:12 +0000
        From: Omri Abend <omriabnd at gmail.com>
        Subject: ISCOL 2017: Call for Papers and Participation

Dear all,

This is a reminder about ISCOL 2017, to be held in the Hebrew University of Jerusalem on September 25. Please find the CfP below. If you plan to participate, we would appreciate it if you could register on the ISCOL website (http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~danielh/iscol2017).

Looking forward to seeing you in Jerusalem.

Omri Abend
On behalf of the program and organization committees

============================

We are happy to announce ISCOL 2017, the Annual Meeting of the Israeli Seminar on Computational Linguistics. ISCOL 2017 will be held on Monday, September 25 in the Computer Science Department of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, at the Edmond Safra Campus in Givat Ram.

Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing are active research and development fields in Israel today, both in academia and industry. ISCOL is a venue for exchanging ideas, reporting on work in progress and established results, forming cooperation, and advancing the collaboration between academia and industry. ISCOL is also a friendly stage for students for their first appearance in this community.

We invite presentations on recent work in all areas of computational linguistics, natural language processing and closely related fields. We accept work underway, provided that it represents recent and original work of interest to our audience.

Please submit your extended abstracts (up to 2 pages, including references) through EasyChair here:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iscol2017

Note: You may submit work that was already published elsewhere. As there are no formal proceedings to ISCOL, submissions are not taken into account with respect to publication in other venues.

The submission deadline is August 17. Notifications of paper acceptance and format of presentation (oral/poster) will be sent by August 25.

More information can be found here:
http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~danielh/iscol2017

Important dates:

Submission deadline: August 17