[Humanist] 31.184 DH2017 news: ACH's Newcomers' Dinner

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Jul 19 06:59:57 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 16:14:46 -0500
        From: Brian Croxall <b.croxall at gmail.com>
        Subject: DH2017 News: ACH's Newcomers' Dinner

Now in its fifth year, the Association for Computers and the Humanities
will again sponsor a Newcomers' Dinner at the DH Conference in Montreal. We
hope that members of Humanist will act as "veteran" leaders for some of the
dinners.

Is this your first or second time at the Digital Humanities conference? Are
you new to the DH community? Join a small group of newbies and DH
old-timers at a local restaurant and make scholarly connections and new
friendships. It's NOT just for members of the ACH!

The dinners will happen the evening of Wednesday, 9 August 2017, with
parties departing after the poster session. For ease of conversation,
groups will be limited to six people.

Registration is already open and places are limited! Sign up at
http://bit.ly/ACHdinner17.

On the sign-up form, we ask you to identify yourself with 'n' for newbie
(in your first or second year attending DH) or 'v' for DH conference
veteran (no more than 2 veterans per party, please!). We will also need one
veteran leader for each group, to make a reservation and walk the group
over to the restaurant; long-term ACH members and other DH conference
veterans are heartily encouraged to volunteer!

We look forward to meeting you in Montreal!

* ***Please note: attendees pay for their own costs. The ACH provides the
organization and good cheer.****