[Humanist] 31.182 PhD fellowship (Weimar); graduate student award (New York)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 18 07:25:07 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Blanke, Tobias" <tobias.blanke at kcl.ac.uk>                 (7)
        Subject: FW: 3 year doctoral fellowship in Weimar

  [2]   From:    Zach Coble <coblezc at gmail.com>                            (60)
        Subject: NYCDH Graduate Student Project Award

        Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 07:20:26 +0000
        From: "Blanke, Tobias" <tobias.blanke at kcl.ac.uk>

> From: Bernard Geoghegan <betweenfloors at gmail.com>
> Date: Thursday, 13 July 2017 at 12:34
> Subject: Fwd: 3 year doctoral fellowship in Weimar

Hi Tobias and Tommaso,

Maybe of interest to one of your students?  An ad just came out for a 3 year pre- (maybe post- too) doctoral position in Weimar on the media history of the life sciences. It seems to have a digital humanities component, too, so possibly good for folks interested in developing a database. It’s with Henning Schmidgen, who is sort of like the media studies version of Hans-Jörg Rheinberger (he also wrote a book on Latour that’s good). Looks like a great job, and probably can be combined with US doctoral study to get a double PhD, like I did. Perhaps you have a student who’d be interested!
https://www.uni-weimar.de/de/universitaet/aktuell/stellenausschreibungen/mwp-0817/