[Humanist] 31.170 best practice for sustainable databases

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 11 08:44:07 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 08:27:42 +0100
        From: "Dave Postles" <davep at davelinux.info>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 31.165 best practice for sustainable databases

ISO accepted LibreOffice xml as its standard before MS leveraged its own
proprietary xml with the ISO, I believe.  I wonder whether, in future,
rdbms compilers might consider LibreOffice Base as their software instead
of proprietary xml Access.  There are also, of course, ethical
considerations for using LibreOffice.

--
http://www.historicalresources.myzen.co.uk (research and pedagogy)
I use Lilo web search: no tracking and social good (Firefox add-on)