[Humanist] 31.496 tenure-track positions at Madrid

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Dec 31 10:25:26 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 19:42:55 +0100
        From: Dolores_Romero_López <doloresromerolopez at gmail.com>
        Subject: New Ramón y Cajal tenure-track call in Spain: come to Complutense University of Madrid

Dear Community of Spanish Researchers,

Could you kindly forward this email to potential candidates of any
nationality? The application deadline is next January 16, 3 pm local time
(Spain)

-----

Complutense University in Madrid offers 100 tenure-track positions in 2017
in most research areas under the Ramón y Cajal Program. We want to make
these career opportunites more visible by reaching out early on to
potential candidates that may find our institution attractive.

We will gladly help candidates contact appropriate target Departments and
forward specific offers to your organization, if you are interested.
Sincerely,
Contact: info at plataformainvestigadoresucm.org

*     DETAILS FOR GETTING A GOVERNMENT-FUNDED RAMON Y CAJAL -RyC- POSITION FOR 5 YEARS)*

1.   You hold a PhD between Jan 2007 and Dec 2014 (exceptions apply).

2.   You have been a postdoc for at least two years (exceptions apply).

3.   You have a good CV in any research area (check out recent examples).

4.   You want to develop your own research project in Spain for the next 5
years as a principal investigator (PI) or co-PI.

5.   Applications
<http://www.idi.mineco.gob.es/portal/site/MICINN/menuitem.dbc68b34d11ccbd5d52ffeb801432ea0/?vgnextoid=2f48fc4a1003f510VgnVCM1000001d04140aRCRD>
online before January 16, 2018 (Spanish language NOT required).

6. Those who secured a RyC position in step one need to apply for
acceptance by their chosen Spanish research institution by late 2018.

7. Complutense University of Madrid (UCM) offers RyC positions coverig most
research areas (check out 2017). Current salary up to 31.600 €/year +
40.000 € start-up grant.

8.  RyC positions at UCM require that your two-year postdoc has been
somewhere else, unless your PhD was awarded abroad.

9.  Signed acceptance expected by late September 2018. Incorporation
expected by January 2019 (exceptions apply: maternity/paternity/sick leave).