[Humanist] 31.481 the anomalous -- and fuzzy set theory

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Dec 22 11:07:23 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 04:40:11 +0100
        From: Manfred Thaller <manfred.thaller at uni-koeln.de>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 31.471 the anomalous, the odd, the peculiar

Dear Willard,

this may be slightly off-topic - possibly you are aware of a more
fitting thread.

However, I recently ran into the following paper which I found quite
intriguing about the relationships between computation, AI, hard
sciences and the Humanities, which a few Humanists interested in this
thread might also appreciate.

Marco Elio Tabacchi and Settimo Termini: "Fuzzy Set Theory as a
Methodological Bridge between Hard Sciences and Humanities", in:
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS, VOL. 29, 104-117 (2014).

Unfortunately no Open Access copy I am aware of:
wileyonlinelibrary.com. DOI 10.1002/int.21632 -- via ScienceDirect
it's probably accessible at most campuses.

Best regards,
Manfred